Today there is a huge choice of where to place a child for the summer holidays. The most popular option is children’s health, profile or tourist camps with https://argoprep.com/blog/goal-and-strategy-for-schools/. However, many unpleasant and unforeseen situations can happen to a child away from home. In order not to spoil the rest and protect yourself and your child from possible problems, child-parent relationship psychologists advise you to follow certain rules.
1. Talk about safety rules. You need to be sure that the child knows who to contact in case of problems – a nurse, counselor, etc. If for an adult these things are obvious, then the child should once again be reminded of them. It is also worth recalling the observance of personal hygiene rules, he should not try to try unfamiliar fruits and vegetables.
2. Do not wind yourself and the child with the upcoming separation. It is worth remembering that if parents worry, this condition is transmitted to the child. You just need to make it clear to the child that without him, parents will be bored, nervousness and panic before the upcoming trip are unacceptable.
3. Arrange calls. Child psychologists do not recommend abusing calls for no reason, endlessly wondering how he slept, whether he ate well, what he did in the morning, evening, etc. Such behavior is more like taking care of the child than taking care of oneself, because parents feel uncomfortable not knowing what is happening with their child. You need to try to loosen control and learn to let go of the child and https://argoprep.com/blog/why-do-you-need-popcorn-reading-alternatives/. However, certain behaviors of children can be alarming. For example, if a child constantly shared with his parents about how he was doing with his friends, what news he had at school, how he spent his day, and now he says almost nothing, limited to general duty phrases, then something may have happened. But you should not wind yourself up in advance, it is likely that the child perceives the new environment in this way. In any case, it is important to remember that he should always have the opportunity to call and tell what happened to him.
4. Talk to teenagers about the relationship between girls and boys. According to psychologists, ideally, by the age of 12-13, a child should have an understanding of the danger of intimate diseases, the possibility of pregnancy, etc. In reality, the vast majority of parents do not talk to their children about such topics. There is no need to be ashamed to explain such things to a child, but this should be done in the most civilized way, without resorting to the use of cutters like “so that you don’t bring it in the hem” and “so that you don’t spoil the girls.” If it is difficult for parents to explain this, there is special literature.
5. Be ready to pick up the child at any time. If a child calls after a couple of days and through tears asks to pick him up, this clearly indicates that his expectations and reality clearly did not match. In this case, you need to figure it out, get in touch with the camp leadership, find out what happened. In case the situation is quite serious, it is not necessary to temper the child with torment. Not only will there definitely not be any benefit from staying in the camp, the occurrence of psychological trauma is quite possible.